In the winter of 2012, the REI Network submitted more than twenty innovative economic development ideas and topics of interest. The REI team, in consultation with the Consultative Panel and key partners, evaluated the ideas and selected the most promising. In the next phase of the REI cycle, we are calling for authors and experts to research and develop these topics into co-learning plans and webinars, and prepare presentations for the Innovate Michigan! Summit on Thursday, September 6, 2012.
Are you an expert on one of the following current topics that we're working on?
- Young Professional Attraction and Retention
- Open Educational Resources
- Strategies to Support State and Local Microenterprise Development
- Innovation Brokering
- Internship Programs in Distressed Communities
- Cooperative and Business Incubators
- Exporter Networking Events and Programs
- Entrepreneurial Curriculum for Secondary Education
- Economic Development and Small Business Coordination
- Business Dream to Business Reality
Are you interested in authoring a co-learning plan? Apply now!
Practicum Projects Completed
Congratulations to Eastern Michigan University, Wayne State University, and Michigan State University student practicum project teams for successfully completing your feasibility studies/practicum projects! You can read the reports and view the presentations on the Current Projects page at reicenter.org.
Social Media Guides
If you're having trouble with our Twitter feed or LinkedIn group, please check out our Introduction to Twitter and Introduction to LinkedIn for detailed instructions on how to set up an account and ways to use those services.