REI Co-Learning Plan in Action!
The Microenterprise Network of Michigan has partnered with Connect Michigan and the Michigan Rural Council to launch a project providing free technical assistance to four communities interested in promoting economic development and growth through increased broadband and technology adoption and use among local businesses. Proposals are due by 5:00pm on Monday, December 10th. Apply online here!
Michigan's Economic Accomplishments
In celebration of the holidays, REI would like to celebrate Michigan's economic accomplishments towards a brighter future!
- Income growth in Michigan was 8th best in the nation! According to Comerica Bank's Michigan Economic Activity Index, the economy has reached a 10-year high, making Michigan the comeback state. Additionally, the 2012 Top States for Doing Business Survey ranked Michigan 4th nationally in leading economic recovery!
- GDP growth is the 6th best in the nation and the unemployment rate has dropped 4.9 points! According to the Department of Technology, Management & Budget's report, the state's labor force grew by 7,000 over the month!
- General Motors is adding 1,500 jobs in Michigan and a large percentage of those jobs will be for recent college graduates!
- Michigan is increasing exporting opportunities to China, meaning more jobs here!
REI Is Thankful For...
- Keynote speaker Christina Keller and all of the Co-Learning Plan Presenters at the 2012 Summit for providing the attendees with an informative presentation!
- The entire REI staff including the project team and research assistants for all their hard work!
Happy Holidays to Our REI Network Members!