Happy New Year, REI Network!
Join us in 2013 for another great year of providing you with information on the latest and most innovative economic development tools, models, policies, programs and practices.
REI is looking for Co-Learning Plan authors to kick off the new year!
Do you have experience in one or more of the topic areas listed below? Apply to write a co-learning plan today!
- A Creative and Innovative Culture
- Alternative Funding
- Community and Business Partnerships
- Digital Literacy Challenge
- Environment, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Tourism
- Export and Foreign Direct Investment Development
- Infrastructure and Long-Term Planning
- K-20 Education and Workforce
- Regional Cooperation and Collaboration
- Workforce Training: Skills Gap
This is a great opportunity for professionals to share their expertise with the REI Network to help strengthen Michigan's economy. The findings and recommendations in these co-learning plans, funded through this request, will serve as a source for current and practical information for regions and communities across Michigan.
For more information on this year's co-learning topics, eligibility, selection criteria, application process, time-line and deliverables, please see the Call for Authors.
Applications and proposals are due by 5PM on Friday, January 25, 2013.
Please contact Ms. Jennifer Bruen, Project Coordinator, at email@example.com or 517-353-9555 with questions, concerns or to learn more about the submission process. We are looking forward to receiving an innovative Co-Learning Plan proposal from you or any of your colleagues!
2012-13 Higher Ed Technical Assistance Projects
REI has selected 14 different student-led, faculty-guided projects for this 2012-13 Project year
- The Socioeconomic Impact of Urban Gardening Documentary (Madonna University)
- HEROES (Helping Entrepreneurs Revitalize Our Economy & Society): A project to establish a collegiate Lansing Black Chamber of Commerce (MSU)
- Meridian Mall Sub-area Plan (MSU), student-produced posters pictured below
- City of Perry Recreation Plan (MSU)
- "State of Emergency" Theatrical Production (University of Michigan - Flint)
- The creation of an exporting assistance Website (Lake Superior State University)
- Navigating the Business Permit Process in the city of Detroit (Wayne State Univ.)
- St. Clair County: Bike Share Feasibility and Transportation Study (MSU)
- City of Frankfort Park and Beach Master Plan (MSU)
- City of Owosso: Washington Corridor Plan (MSU)
- Idlewild: Culture and Tourism Asset Study (MSU)
- City of Flint: South Saginaw, I69 Corridor Study (MSU)
- City of Lansing: Form Based Code Project (MSU)
Look for these reports in the coming months on the REI Website, and don't forget to check out past projects as well!
REI Summit 2013
Save the date!!! The next Innovate Michigan! Summit will be Thursday, September 5, 2013. This is a full-day event at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center in East Lansing. Attendees will participate in co-learning plan sessions to learn about various new innovative economic development tools, models, policies, programs and practices. Come hear about the latest REI student-led, faculty-guided economic development projects. Meet Michigan based garage-basement inventors and hear about their latest inventions, see their products and find out how the discovery-to-market process works in Michigan.