The Economic Development Administration supported the development of three innovative online tools for use with economic development and Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies (CEDS). Visit the News page at reicenter.org to learn about how to use the Triple Bottom Line Tool, the Cluster Mapping Tool, and the Local Decision Maker Tool.
Check out the new REI video on the reicenter.org homepage that features the voices of several of our former and present co-learning plan authors. They discuss innovative ideas to strengthen Michigan's economy and make the state competitive in the new global, knowledge economy.
Watch Voices from the Regional Economic Innovation (REI) Network on YouTube.
- A Creative Innovative Culture - Kimberly Kleinhans, WSU
June 25, 2013 at 2:00pm
- Exporting Assistance Website - Ralph Wilhelms, Lake Superior State University
June 26, 2013 at 2:00pm
- Skills Gap or Training Gap?: The Role of Manufacturers in Solving the Skills-Gap Problem - Carolyn Hatch Ph.D., Private Consultant
July 3, 2013 at 10:00am
- Makerspaces - Cristina Benton, City of East Lansing
July 11, 2013 at 2:00pm
Look for the recorded webinars on the website later this month.
Innovate Michigan! Summit 2013
Registration for REI's annual Innovate Michigan! Summit will be open on our website late this June. Save the date for Wednesday, September 4th and register early!
REI in the News
Some of our Student-Led Faculty-Guided Projects were featured in local news sources, praising their work. Look for the full reports coming soon on reicenter.org.
- Idlewild - Cultural and Historic Tourism Asset Study: A Michigan State Planning Practicum team researched the historic site of Idlewild while making recommendations for reviving the tourism industry. Read more from the Lake County Star.
- City of Frankfort - Beach Master Plan: A Michigan State University Planning Practicum team made recommendations to help this area better utilize their parks and beaches. Read more from the Record Patriot.
- Exporting Assistance Website: A website for business to business sales, put together by a student team from Lake Superior State University. Listen to the story from CMU Public Radio.
We would like to thank the newest additions to the REI Network!
- Karen Potter, City of Perry
- Hubert Brandon, Idlewild Community Development Corporation
- Carl Osentoski, Huron County Economic Development Corporation
- Michelle Mueller, Washtenaw Community College
- Suk-Kyung Kim, Michigan State University