2020 Project Updates
March 12, 2020
We would like to thank all of those who submitted a proposal to be a part of the 2020 Project Series. We received many promising applications. After a review by our Consultative Panel, we are happy to introduce three Innovation Fellows and two Co-Learning Plans.
2020 Innovation Fellows working on Co-Implementation Plans
- Angela Barbash: Community Capital Investing: Mapping the Ecosystem
- Mitchell Shapiro: Aligning Resources to Expand Broadband & Its Benefits in Rural Michigan
- Sam Butler: Labor & Community Equitable Development Agenda
2020 Co-Learning Plans
- Janice Beecher: Paying for Infrastructure
- Monirehalsadat Mahmoudi: Fighting Hunger and Reducing Waste in Michigan by Addressing Strategic and Operational Challenges in Measuring Food Accessibility
Update on Student-Led, Faculty-Guided Projects
We would also like to introduce the recipients of the Spring Semester Student-Led, Faculty-Guided Projects
- Kettenun Center Improvement Plan
- Strategy for Youth Empowerment and Entrepreneurship in the North Side of Flint
- Urban Planning Techniques and Sustainable Design for Autonomous Vehicles
REI will also continue to collaborate with Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and Redevelopment Ready Communities (RRC) to offer facilitation of SLFG Project assistance. This spring we are supporting three RRC communities in completing local and regional initatives.
- NW Goldberg Detroit Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- Vicksburg Asset-Based Place-Making Downtown Revitalization Plan
- Collins Road Corridor Development
For more information on all of these projects, please visit our Current Projects and Completed Project pages!